The Typhoon H Hexacopter with GCO3 4K Camera is the most advanced aerial photography and videography platform available in such a compact size. Driven by customer demand for a design that goes beyond the limitations of a traditional quadcopter, Typhoon H delivers capabilities previously only found in high-end professional offerings, but at a consumer price. Typhoon H offers flight durations of up to 25 minutes while filming with the CGO3 4K UHD camera. The Android powered ST16 Ground Station features a 7-inch touchscreen that displays live footage of your flight in HD 720p resolution and enables a wide variety of autonomous flight modes. This version of the hexacopter features gimbal-stabilized, 4K camera with 12MP stills mode, making it a perfect choice for aerial imaging of all types. In addition to a GPS-based navigation system, which enables familiar features such as automatic return to home and orientation control, there is a front-facing ultrasonic sensor. This drone helps detect large obstacles and avoid collisions. The hexa-rotor design offers better flight stability and more precise control. The landing gear retracts in-flight, offering an unobstructed 360 degrees of shooting. Carbon fiber parts and folding motor arms reduce the Typhoon H\’s weight.
- Ready-to-Fly, right out of the box
- Ultrasonic collision avoidance
- 4K UHD 30fps, HD 1080p 120fps video / 12 Megapixel still camera
- 3-axis anti-vibration gimbal camera with full 360° rotation
- Retractable landing gear
- Easy ‘Twist and Lock’ propeller installation
- Folding rotor arms for compact storage
- Integrated autonomous flight modes
- ST16 controller with built-in 7-inch touchscreen
- Ultrasonic Proximity Detection: A front-facing ultrasonic proximity sensor takes the Typhoon H\’s autonomy to the next level. This sensor aids avoiding collisions with large obstacles
- No Fly Zones: The No Fly Zone preset locks the Typhoon H\’s flight ceiling at 400\’ above ground level at the takeoff point. This feature helps ensure compliance with FAA sUAS operational guidelines. In addition, Geo-Fencing can be enabled to further restrict possible flight patterns, locking the hexacopter within a user-defined radius of the pilot
- Automatic Return Home: With a good GPS signal, the Typhoon H can automatically fly back to its takeoff point under a number of conditions. These include low battery, loss of control signal, or at the press of a button
- Point-of-Interest (POI): Locks the hexacopter in a circular orbit pattern around the takeoff point. This mode is especially useful for creating a circular “tracking” shot with a bird\’s eye view. In this mode the camera can still be moved independently
The ST16 Ground Station is an integrated transmitter, receiver and Android platform that gives you full control over Typhoon H, allowing you to easily program autonomous flight and capture stunning photos and videos. The large 7-inch integrated screen displays real-time footage of your flight, eliminating the need for an external device. It features a 2.4 GHz transmitter for joystick operation of the quadcopter. In addition, there is a 5.8 GHz-range receiver for the video feed from the camera plus telemetry data. View real-time footage in HD 720p on the screen of the ST16 transmitter with the integrated digital video downlink with a range of up to 1 mile (1.6km).
- 7″ Built-In FPV Display: View a live feed on the ST16\’s 7″, 720p resolution display. In addition, it can show telemetry data from the flight controller, such as altitude, GPS coordinates, and remaining battery life. Settings can be accessed via its touchscreen interface
- Waypoint Navigation: Ground station functionality provided by the ST16 includes waypoint navigation. With this autopilot mode, apply pushpins to a map to create “waypoints” that define the Typhoon H\’s course. Altitude, speed, and heading can all change at each waypoint
- Team mode: With Team Mode, you can bind one Ground Station to Typhoon H and another Ground Station to the CGO3 camera simultaneously. Capturing truly creative content is vastly more practical with cooperation between pilot and camera operator.
The 3-axis anti-vibration CGO3 gimbal camera captures ultra-stable 4K Ultra High Definition video, vivid 12 megapixel still images and can be rotated through an unlimited, 360° range of motion. The CGO3 gimbal camera features a high quality glass 115° field of view, wide-angle lens, and offers manual camera settings while in flight.
- Orbit Me: Typhoon H flies a circular path around you, keeping the camera trained on you the whole time.
- Point of Interest: Select a subject and Typhoon H will orbit that subject autonomously.
- Journey: Typhoon H will go up and out, as far as 150ft, and capture the perfect aerial selfie.
- Curve Cable Cam: Easily program an invisible route for Typhoon H to fly along. Typhoon H will fly between pre-set coordinates while independently controlling camera position.
- Follow Me / Watch Me: Follow Me ensures Typhoon H moves along with you. Watch Me tells Typhoon H to follow you while always pointing the camera at you wherever you go.
- Dynamic Return to Home: Simply switch to Home Mode and Typhoon H will return and land within 26 feet (8 meters) of you.
- Retractable Landing Gear: The landing gear retracts during flight to provide the camera an unobstructed 360° of shooting
- Collapsible Design: The Typhoon H features quick-disconnect propellers for speedy breakdown. Additionally, each rotor arm folds down to a resting position against the drone for a more compact profile that is easier to transport
- Carbon Fiber Parts: Carbon fiber components are used extensively to decrease weight and increase durability