Yuneec Typhoon Q500+ Quadcopter
The Yuneec Q500+ Typhoon Quadcopter Color Box(white) with CGO2-GB Camera, SteadyGrip, or Aluminum Box from Yuneec(optional) comes factory-assembled and that a pre-bound transmitter/ground station unit (radio controller) is included. More than just an RC multi-rotor, the Q500+ Typhoon is designed for APV – aerial photography and video. To this end, it incorporates the CGO2-GB+, a 3-axis gimbal-stabilized camera with 1080p video recording at up to 60 fps and shooting 16-megapixel photos. As part of the RTF bundle, if features two 5400mAh flight batteries, providing up to 25 minutes flying each per charge – depending on wind-resistance and other factors. Additionally, the bundle features an aluminum case to safely store and transport the Q500+ and accessories in.
Typhoon Q500+ is a superior modular, integrated aerial and ground imaging solution. It features the ST-10+ 5.5″ Android touch screen personal ground station and the CGO2+ 3-axis gimbal camera capable of taking 16 megapixel still photos and excellent Full HD 60 FPS videos. The included STEADYGRIP extends the use of the gimbal camera from the sky to the ground. With the CGO APP, whatever is shot can be viewed on your SmartPhone with the same control of video FPS, video start/stop and still photos as found on the ST-10+. With the Q500+, it’s never been easier to capture amazing photographs and video footage for a wide variety of uses.
Flight Control Features
- No-Fly Database: The Q500+ Typhoon flight computer has access to a database of published FAA no-fly areas – such as zones near airports. Additionally, the maximum flight altitude can be locked to remain below 400′ AGL (above ground level) for further compliance
- Smart Mode: Designed for beginners, this mode uses GPS to establish a 26′ “SAFE Circle” around the pilot. Stick relativity is maintained, meaning the aircraft will move in the same direction the stick is pressed is relative to the pilot, regardless of which way the quadcopter’s actual “nose” is pointing. A “virtual barrier” imposes maximum radius of 300′, help to ensure visual with the quadcopter is always maintained
- Angle Mode: This mode is optimized for experienced pilots using the Q500+ Typhoon for aerial photography. It provides more control and steeper bank and pitch angles, helping open your work up to a greater variety of possible shots
- Home Mode: This safety feature can be activated at any time with the simple flip of a switch on the ST10+. When activated, the Q500+ Typhoon will automatically return to its “home point” and land within a 10′ circle of where it took off. If for whatever reason the transmitter signal is lost, Return Home will take over and fly the Q500+ Typhoon back to the home point until it lands or the signal is restored
- CGO2-GB+ 1080p Camera with 3-Axis Gimbal: The included CGO2-GB+ combines a 16-megapixel, 1080p60 camera and a 3-axis brushless gimbal into a single unit designed to capture stabilized aerial video and still images. It features a redesigned lens from the previous version, designed to produce lower distortion. Additionally, it features a built-in microphone which can be turned on or off via the ST10+ or app. For live view and remote operation, the camera features an integrated 5.8 GHz Wi-Fi downlink that enables operation and viewing from the 5.5″ touchscreen on the ST10+ Personal Ground Station. You can also pair with a mobile device using the free CGO2 app – available at Google Play and iTunes app stores. A smartphone holder that mounts on the ST10+ is included. The camera features a wide angle 130-degree FOV lens. While the gimbal that supports it features a control angle accuracy of ±0.02°. High quality video and stills are recorded to a microSD card up to 128GB in size. Low quality, upload-friendly versions can be saved onto a mobile device running the CGO2 app.
- ST10+ Transmitter/Ground Station: Transmitter (hand-held radio controller) and ground station system are combined into one device with the 10-channel ST10+. It features a 2.4 GHz transmitter for joystick operation of the quadcopter. In addition, there is a 5.8 GHz-range receiver for the video feed from the camera plus telemetry data. Updates over the original ST10 include a brighter touchscreen that is now 5.5″ in size. The screen plus embedded Android OS enable you to control the camera as well as view a live feed from it, complete with telemetry data overlaid (OSD)
- CGO SteadyGrip(Inckuded): Transform the CGO2-GB+ camera and gimbal into a handheld, stabilized mini-rig with the included CGO SteadyGrip. It features a smartphone holder for iOS and Android devices that have screens up to 6.4″ so that you can use the app to monitor a live feed and operate camera settings (5.8 GHz Wi-Fi support on the mobile devices is required). The gimbal slides on with rail attachment for quick setup and draws its power from six AA batteries that are housed in the base (batteries available separately). A pitch control roller on the top of the handgrip allows you to manually adjust camera tilt while shooting
NOTE: Proper GPS calibration is required to ensure this feature works correctly
There are no reviews yet.