The Draganflyer X4-P helicopter is a professional quality, powerful, easy to fly aerial platform delivering high quality aerial photography and video. The aircraft is reliable because it\’s constructed using high quality carbon fiber and injection molded components, meaning that when you need to fly, the aircraft will perform. A good quality folding frame means you have a strong aerial platform that you can easily pack into the back seat or trunk of an automobile. The easier the aircraft is to transport, the faster you can get from one job to another. When packed in its rugged transport case, the complete helicopter system meets airline baggage size requirements—meaning it saves you from those expensive over-size charges. Because the Draganfly system is designed and manufactured in-house, we control the quality, design, software and systems integration, delivering a helicopter system that is inherently stable making this a dream to fly. The onboard computer and 11 sensors keep the helicopter level in real-time and pointed in the right direction, so when you “park” the helicopter in the air using the GPS position hold function, you can shift your attention to getting the photos you need. Even in a GPS position hold you can reposition the aircraft, continue shooting photos and meanwhile, in real-time, the telemetry data system is monitoring aircraft battery health, heading, bearing, altitude, and both audibly and visually alerting you to any aircraft warnings, making this aircraft easy to fly and maintain.
The Draganflyer X4-P is a technologically advanced UAS designed to carry a variety of high quality camera and payload systems to achieve high quality aerial photography or wide ranging applications from industrial inspection to surveying, mapping, and agriculture.
- The Draganflyer X4-P helicopter is a professional quality, powerful, easy to fly aerial platform designed to deliver high quality results.
- The folding airframe and quick change payload system make this one of the most practical and versatile systems on the market.
Constructed from high quality carbon fiber, the strength-to-weight ratio of the aircraft is very high, coupled with a strong folding frame helps reduce damage in the event of a hard landing or hitting an obstruction. Bottom line, this level of quality protects your investment.
The X4-P helicopter system delivers a high quality digital video from a wide variety of cameras. We can deliver this quality because the camera gimble is gyro stabilized in the pitch and roll axes, the camera is vibration isolated and the video data is delivered through a dedicated digital communications channel. This combination helps keep the camera on target and provides highly detailed results.
Because the Draganfly system is designed and manufactured in-house, we control the quality, design, software and systems integration, delivering a helicopter system that is extremely stable making this a dream to fly. The onboard computer and 11 sensors keep the helicopter level in real-time and pointed in the right direction, so when you “park” the helicopter in the air using the GPS position hold function, you can shift your attention to getting the photos you need. Even in a GPS position hold you can reposition the aircraft, continue shooting photos and meanwhile, in real-time, the telemetry data system is monitoring aircraft battery health, heading, bearing, altitude, and both audibly and visually alerting you to any aircraft warnings, making this aircraft easy to fly and maintain.
Space saving design for convenient transportation. Size matters, so the Draganflyer X4-P packs up small but retains the ability to be quickly assembled, set-up, and deployed. At Draganfly we understand that the design of an excellent sUAS package goes well beyond the aircraft.
- Touchscreen, real-time telemetry & precise control.
- There\’s no guessing about the status of your aircraft; real-time aircraft data is there at your fingertips to provide altitude, heading, bearing, battery voltage, GPS status, airspeed, rate of ascent and much more. Audible alarms alert critical status changes and even better, the high quality OLED touchscreen display is sunlight viewable.
- Wirelessly connect a second controller for flight training or a dedicated photographer. There\’s no cable tether here; it\’s wireless, so there\’s no need to be joined at the hip with your photographer. The pilot can freely walk and fly the aircraft while the photographer can relax and have full control over the camera.
- On the fly switching between color and thermal FLIR imaging.
- The Draganfly dual payload system features a brushless 2-axis stabilized mount housing two camera systems that function as one.
- During the same mission you can view and capture high resolution still images and/or at anytime switch the video down-link feed to the FLIR camera system. All the while, the FLIR subsystem is recording video to the on-board micro DVR. Two camera subsystems that to the user, appear to function as one.
- Draganfly also offers a multispectral camera combination for the X4-P. Please see our payloads page for more information.
- Change your powerful payload options in seconds. The Draganfly Quick Release (QR) payload is clean, simple, fast, and even better, it eliminates the need for messy cables between the payload and helicopter.
- The benefit: it\’s very fast to swap payloads and there are no worries about missing a critical connection. Clean, quick, professional … that\’s a simple way to sum-up the Draganfly QR payload system.
- Efficient motor cooling on a whole new level.
- Our patent-pending, quarter-turn mounting propellers get you in the air fast. The efficient carbon fiber propellers are keyed to ensure proper placement on the appropriate motor.
- This unique mounting system also incorporates a powerful, centrifugal cooling system. The combination of all of these features provides you with long-lasting flight times and extreme portability.
Safe, durable and long–lasting. The battery is the magic behind high quality small unmanned systems and at Draganfly Innovations we take this very seriously. With the push of a button we quickly pre-flight the battery and our in-house design circuitry is consistently balancing the cells providing under-voltage, over-voltage and short–circuit protection.
Protect your investment; take your system anywhere anytime. Every Draganflyer X4-P system comes standard with a custom designed military grade transport case for ultra-portability. CNC foam cut-outs provide a safe and convenient place for every component. Lighter soft bags are also available upon request.
The Draganflyer X4-P is an electric powered semi-autonomous small Unmanned Aircraft System (sUAS) ready-to-fly weight 5 pounds, intended to be flown within line-of-sight by the Pilot in Command (PIC). The aircraft features the ability to automatically take-off and is manually flown and navigated through the airspace. The PIC has the option to park the aircraft in a GPS position hold and while in this state, the aircraft is flying itself in that stationary position.
Both the hardware and software of the advanced SteadyFlight autopilot system was designed in-house by the Draganfly team. Featuring 11 on-board sensors the SteadyFlight system is constantly monitoring the attitude of the aircraft and in real-time providing control
and telemetry data data to the handheld controller.
Flight data logging is captured in real-time to a removable micro-SD memory card on the handheld controller and optionally on the base station computer when used.
In the event of an excessively low battery condition or lost data link condition the helicopter will “auto-land” at that position. If the helicopter is in a GPS position hold at the time it will descend at 2m/sec and upon hitting the ground turn off the motors. In a lost-link condition the aircraft will return home and land. An altitude threshold can also be programmed so when flying in GPS position hold the aircraft will not exceed the preset altitude.
- Width: 87cm (34.25in)
- Length: 87cm (34.25in)
- Top Diameter: 107cm (42in) – Height: 30cm (12in)
- Helicopter weight w/battery: 1,670g (3.7lbs) – Payload capacity: 800g (1.8lbs)
- Max take-off weight: 2,470g (5.4lbs)
*Camera Technology is moving at a rapid pace as DSLR quality continually shifts to a smaller form factor. Smaller means lighter; lighter means smaller aircraft; smaller aircraft result in a more agile and safer system. Camera payload options are mounted in a carbon fiber active stabilized (pitch and Roll) camera mount. Please note: upon request, a dual payload Sony QX100 and FLIR camera is available with remote digital video switching via the handheld GCS.
- Max climb rate: 2m/s (6.5ft/s)
- Max descent rate: 2m/s (6.5ft/s)
- Max turn rate: 90 degrees/sec
- Approx max air speed: 50km/h (30mph)
- Minimum air speed: 0km/h (0mph)
- Launch type: VTOL
- Max altitude ASL 2,438m (8,000ft)
- Approx sound at 1 meter distance: 72db – Approx sound at 3 meters distance: 62db
- 1 watt LED variable brightness
- Luminous flux at full brightness 40lm
- Standard aircraft colors Red, Green and White
Two controllers can be “linked together” creating a safe flight training experience or in operation, you can split tasks between operators. For example when out on a photo shoot you can have both a dedicated pilot and dedicated photographer by “splitting off” the camera controls to the other controller.
As the Pilot-in-Command of the aircraft it’s your responsibility to know the status and health of the aircraft at all times. This might sound like a difficult task but not with the real-time telemetry data provided by the Draganfly system. Vital real-time helicopter data is displayed on the direct sunlight viewable touch screen in an easy to read format to provide altitude, heading, bearing, battery health, GPS accuracy and the list goes on complimented by audible tones and alerts to let you know when an event or trigger takes place.
It’s always great to have someone looking over your shoulder but why not let the controller automatically inform you of situations as they develop like a battery getting low, your flight time or possibly exceeding a predetermined altitude limit. The handheld controller will bring up the appropriate warning screen and sound the appropriate alarm to keep you informed
Camera Technology is moving at a rapid pace as DSLR quality continually shifts to a smaller form factor. Smaller means lighter; lighter means smaller aircraft; smaller aircraft result in a more agile and safer system. Camera payload options are mounted in a carbon fiber active stabilized (pitch and Roll) camera mount. Please note: upon request, a dual payload Sony QX100 and FLIR camera is available with remote digital video switching via the handheld GCS.
NOTE: Product lead time is 12-14 weeks. Call for details.